I Ain't No Crook (16bit) I Ain't No Crook (16bit)

This is nice, I haven't heard something like this on NG before. Have you ever heard of Bruce Haack? He was a pioneer of electronic music in the 70's. The instrumentation in this song really reminds me of him, specifically his album entitled "Bite"

Apart from that, this sounds more like ADLIB/OPL than sega's FM chip, which could achieve similar sounds.

Bag full of Smiles Bag full of Smiles

sounds like jungle dub

Imperfect Duo[Nim] Imperfect Duo[Nim]

Really cool composition! The time change in the middle is really nice.

Nimble responds:

Thanks!

Escaping Escaping

The intro sounds great! IMHO the way the drums are mixed kinda spoils the rest of it, lacking bass and mids. Quiet parts later on in the song, suspense builds nicely without the drums dominating the mix. Nice overall

KadajMetal responds:

Thanks for the review,I was indeed worried about the drum being too loud.I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Zelda vs Mario 3 Zelda vs Mario 3

Nice

I really like the bass that kicks in 45 seconds into the song.

Slam Jam Slam Jam

I like this

Pretty slick beat you got here. It doesn't really seem like dubstep, but I guess it would fit best in that category. I would definitely dance to this.

Night of the Dancing Skeletons Night of the Dancing Skeletons

great job

This is wonderful, I will be surprised if it isn't used in a flash. I will also be surprised if it doesn't take first place :) there's a few parts where the snare and cymbals could sound a bit more realistic, but other than that amazing work.

SilentTakedown responds:

Thanks a lot! The percussion in the VSL Special Edition are the weakest of all. At times like this you'd wish you had more money for better samples. :D

Grab That Toast' Grab That Toast'

lmao

Awesome! I'll take some toast without butter.

Unodir responds:

How about a sprinkle of cinnamon?

To Those Who Listen To Those Who Listen

very nice

One of the most original songs i've heard on newgrounds.. The first half is unique, I like the glitch drums at the beginning, would be cool to hear them throughout the song though. Near the end of the song when the mood started to change, it felt like it was building up for some more glitch madness, but it abruptly ended. If you continued the song where you left off, it would be pure greatness. Just my thoughts.

InvisibleObserver responds:

I intend on finishing the song from where it left off. I was having issues with my computer not being able to process the song at a workable speed. That's cleared up now and its a matter of getting back on track.

-The Dark- -The Dark-